Generator fumes kill two Kogi Poly students

Two students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja have died after inhaling fumes from a generator placed close to the window of their apartment overnight.

 

The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Ovye Aya, confirmed this in a statement.

 

Aya disclosed that the deceased were identified as Bilikisu Eleojo, 20 years old, and Ibrahim Haliru.

 

He explained that the victims slept off and died before daybreak.

 

Their lifeless bodies were recovered in the room by neighbours in the early hours of Thursday.

 

Aya said: “There were three students from Kogi State Polytechnic inside the room. One Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo, 20 years old, Ibrahim Haliru, and Mercy Ojochegbe.

 

“When they slept inside their room, a generating set was switched on close to the window of their apartment.

 

“They all slept off and inhaled carbon monoxide as a result of the generating set that was switched on.

 

“Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo, and Ibrahim Haliru were already dead when neighbours discovered the sad incident in the morning while Mercy Ojochegbe who was still breathing was immediately rushed to the hospital.

 

“The incident was reported at the ‘B’ Division of the Nigeria Police Force Lokoja and investigation is ongoing.”

ALSO READ  LOVE IS IN THE AIR: WHAT’S YOUR LOVE LANGUAGE?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here