The National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) members serving in Oyo state have decried the incessant fraud in TESCOM as the Scheme refused to pay the state government Allowance of Corp members for the month of March, April May and June respectively.
Oyo State TESCOM have in recent times been accused of shady practices of corruption in the disbursement of state workers’ salaries.
The displeased National Youth Service Corp members who gathered at the TESCOM office in Ibadan where worried that the state government have failed on its promise to them as they have dedicated their time to service of father land.
When Truetells Nigeria reached out to the office of the Chairman Oyo State Post-Primary Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) Mr Akinade Alamu, some officials alleged that the funds for the payment is too much as they cannot afford to pay. Meanwhile the state government have already disbursed the funds for the months that they didn’t pay NYSC members.
Meanwhile Mr Akinade Alamu, has been under fire over the ongoing data capturing of the newly-recruited teachers as it is believed to target people of a particular religious believe.
Alamu, while reacting to the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) objection to hold the exercise on Monday and Tuesday on the grounds that the two days had been declared as Sallah holidays, said that the exercise had been fixed long before the holidays were announced.
Oyo State TESCOM is responsible for recruitment and payment of teaching and non-teaching staff in Oyo state.
Oyo State TESCOM has been in the news recently for the fraud going on in the sector as rumor has it that they have been fielding in ghost worker in order to collect more funds from the Oyo state government through the scheme.
Furthermore the Oyo State Government believes that with the support of the people, they can transform the State into a socially harmonious, economically vibrant, physically functional, and aesthetically delightful preferred destination for all. The mission of the Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) is to promote a uniform, qualitative, and functional basic education in the state.
So if you know you have what it takes to be either a teaching or a non-teaching staff, then you are one step away from being recruited. Read on to learn more.
This web page outline the necessary guidelines that will increase your chances of being shortlisted in this year’s Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) recruitment exercise.
Take note of the following;
- An applicant who does not have a teaching credential can still apply.
- Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job.
- Before submitting your application, make sure you are who you said you are.
- Failure to report at the screening center within the stipulated time means that you have declined the offer.
The Oyo State Post-Primary Schools Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates who can teach any of the disciplines outlined below:
- Agricultural Science
- English Language
- Basic Technology
- Computer Science
- Physical and Health Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Yoruba Language
Applications are also invited into non-teaching staff positions as outlined below:
- Secretaries/ Typists (with basic computer knowledge)
- Assistant Executive Officers (Accounts)
- Assistant Executive Officer (General Duties)
- Clerical Officers
- Day/ Night Watchmen
General Requirements for the Oyo State TESCOM Recruitment 2022/2023
To qualify for full-time employment, take note of the following requirements.
- Interested applicants must be a Nigerian Citizen
- Interested candidates must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills
- Basic Knowledge in Computer Application will be added advantage.
- Interested applicants must be of good behavior and composure
- NYSC Certificate or discharge certificate for the B.Sc and HND holders
- All candidates must have a valid means of identification such as a valid driver license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card, or National Identification Number
- Must have SSCE, NECO, or GCE with credits in not less than five subjects including Mathematics and English.
- Primary Six School Leaving Certificate
- Possession of B.SC, B.ED, B.A (Ed), HND, OND, or NCE certificate from a recognized institution
- Applicant interested in the Oyo State Teaching Service Commission recruitment must not be over 35 years at the time of application
- Must be willing to work in a new environment
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- Interested applicants must be physically and mentally fit
- Must be free from any criminal case in the past
- Local Government Identification
- Certificate of State of Origin duly signed
- Birth Certificate (the National Population Commission) or Affidavit of Declaration of Age
How To Apply for the Oyo State TESCOM Recruitment 2022/2023
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official recruitment portal via https://tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng/ and complete the prescribed application form free of charge
- Fill in your details (full name, permanent addresses, Local government of origin, Email/Telephone address, Date of birth, State of origin, Nationality, marital status, academic qualifications, institutions attended, and course of study) and submit the application form
- Print out the registration slip
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment exercise.
- There will be screening for all shortlisted candidates. The date and time for the Oyo State TESCOM CBT testwill be communicated to you via E-mail.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about the Oyo State Teaching Service Commission
- Is Oyo State TESCOM currently recruiting for 2022?
Oyo State Government recruits every year. Candidates interested in the Oyo State Teaching Service Commission are required to visit the official Oyo State TESCOM recruitment portal via https://tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng/ and start an online application.
- How can I apply for Oyo State TESCOM Recruitment 2022?
To apply, visit the Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) recruitment portal via https://tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng/ and apply. Once you are selected, life-changing opportunities are ahead.