Canada is a preferred study abroad destination that is renowned for its globally acclaimed universities and economical education costs. Every year, a large number of international students choose Canada to pursue their higher education. Canadian universities offer wide-ranging diploma courses in various fields. These courses come with the advantage of familiarizing students with the essential knowledge in their field of interest in a shorter duration. If you are planning to pursue a diploma course in Canada, this blog will provide you with all the key details about eligibility criteria, popular options, as well as universities offering diploma courses in Canada.
THIS BLOG INCLUDES:
- Advantages of Studying Diploma Courses in Canada
- Types of Diploma in Canada
- Eligibility Criteria
- Top Colleges for Diploma in Canada
- List of Diploma Courses in Canada
- Fees for PG Diploma in Canada
- PG Diploma in Canada with Scholarships
- Jobs & Salary after PG Diploma in Canada
Advantages of Studying Diploma Courses in Canada
- The tuition fees for a diploma course in Canada is affordable, compared to other countries like the US.
- Students are allowed to work while studying in Canada so that they can explore different career opportunities while also earning money.
- One can opt for a transition to a full-fledged master’s course while pursuing their diploma.
- You can also apply for a full-time job immediately after finishing your degree. This gives students an opportunity to get settled directly after the completion of their degree program.
- The visa process for Canada is fairly easy and one can easily get a student visa through a simple and uncomplicated procedure.
Types of Diploma in Canada
There are two types of Diploma that you can do from Canada:
Undergraduate Diploma Courses in Canada
Once you complete your secondary education, you move onto further undergraduate studies in prominent fields. Below mentioned are the top 5 UG courses –
- Information Technology
- Business Management
- Pharmacy Technician
- Hospitality Management
Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Canada
- One Year Graduate Diploma: It includes 2-3 semesters of academics which cost around 10,000 – 15,000 CAD. (5,87,000 INR-8,80,000 INR) They enhance your skills & employability chances to be in the chosen field.
- Two Year Graduate Diploma: It comprises 4 – 6 semesters of academics which can cost around CAD 13,000 – 17,000 (7,63,000 INR-9,98,000 INR). The major advantage of applying for a two-year graduate diploma is that it provides you with a 3-year work stay back option.
The eligibility criteria for applying to a diploma course in Canada is not very exhaustive. Here is the major eligibility requirement you need to fulfil while applying for a diploma in Canada:
- A high school education degree is a must in order to apply for a diploma. For those applying for a postgraduate diploma, the minimum requirement is a completed bachelor’s degree with a certain minimum percentage that varies from college to college and degree to degree.
- Another important criterion is that you need to clear your IELTS with a certain minimum score in order to get admission in any institute in Canada.
- Along with this, you will require LOR and SOP
Top Colleges for Diploma in Canada
Here are the top colleges for pursuing diploma courses in Canada:
- Centennial College
- Humber College
- Seneca College
- George Brown College
- University of Waterloo
- Durham College
- Algonquin College
- North Island College
- Luther College
- Niagara College
- St. Stephens College
List of Diploma Courses in Canada
You can choose from numerous diploma courses provided by various globally recognized institutes in Canada. Here are the major diploma courses that are popular among international students planning to study in Canada:
- Accounting Administration
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Data Science and Big Data
- Dental Office Administration
- Legal Office Administration
- Machine Learning
- Medical Officer