Ahead of the November 6 Anambra governorship election, the Universal Prayer Fellowship (UPF) in conjunction with Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) old Aguata local government area Anambra State, has organised a special prayer session themed Sustaining “The Light of the Nation” through effectual intercession for hitch-free and peaceful polls in the state.
On the heels of the scheduled Anambra State Governorship election on November 6, 2021, there came an explicit insight through Divine revelation showing that the forthcoming exercise has something to do with the corporate destiny and future of our country, Nigeria.
Considering the critical nature of what is at stake, we initiated an intercessory prayer programme as a matter of exigency. Thus, we hereby place an emphatic universal clarion call to all concerned to collectively put all hands on deck – leaving no stone unturned for us not to miss it, otherwise Nigeria will be consequently injured fatally.
In absolute obedience to a privileged instruction/leading following the revelation referred to above, the entire old Aguata LGA Christian Community held a spirit – filled prayer meeting with the following SOLEMN DECLARATIONS:
1. That as “The light of the Nation” which Anambra literally represents, it is not a coincidence that the state is a standard bearer, a pacesetter, trail blazer and a typical example of what a composite state of Nigerian Federation should be.
2. That being an apple of God’s eye of a state, the grace, providence and power of the Almighty God will ever be present to overshadow the entire process of the forthcoming election, followed by a smooth transition to a new administration.
3. That the quality of the conduct of the election will reflect an exceptional general improvement, and thereby, post an unusual credibility record that would revolutionize future electioneering processes nationwide.
4. That though certain traditional elements of disorder and habitual enemies of peace and progress would likely choose to forment crisis, the overpowering influence of the Lord God Almighty’s presence shall supernaturally contain and neutralize their excesses, to their own chagrin.
5. That all shades of usual electoral manipulations, impunities and diverse malpractices shall this time not prosper against the Divine will of the Lord God Almighty and the popular will of Ndi Anambra.
6. That no electoral violence or electoral – induced crime shall be recorded in the course of the voting exercise statewide.
7. That the electorate would be sensitively emboldened with resolute interest to act as watchdog over the general operations and conduct of the officials of the Electoral Umpire, INEC.
8. That an atmosphere of absolute freedom shall prevail in the course of the voting, devoid of harassment, intimidation, threat and inducement of any sort, enabling individual free – voting decision.
9. Whereas the presence of the law enforcement agents, (Police, Army, Civil Defence, etc.) shall usually be necessary, they are bound to perform above board with professional and global best practice.
10. That apparent level playing field shall be availed by the Electoral Umpire to individual candidates and political parties across board. No particular candidate or political party shall be seen to be more important or relevant than the others.
11. That there shall be a distinct and profound electoral victory by the very best candidate approved by God and graciously acceptable to the generality of Ndi Anambra.
12. That all candidates and political parties are regarded to be of sound mind, conscience and conduct until anyone proves otherwise. Meanwhile, we do not need to over emphasize the absolute fact, that while one may out of his or her free will as a free moral agent choose to negate any/all of the aforementioned declarations for parochial, selfish evil intent and purpose, one should invariably take note that, while he or she may seem to have his or her way temporarily, he or she risk bearing the consequences of eternal misery, in hundred fold, here and hereafter.