How To Transfer Airtime On Glo and Code to send Glo Airtime :There are a few things you should know about how to transfer airtime on Glo, the most important of which is the USSD code *131*recipient number*amount to be transferred*pin#. Essentially, Glo allows you to send airtime to friends and family who use Glo or other networks. This can also be accomplished using a couple of methods, which we will discuss in this article.
Truetells Nigeria understands that Glo remains one of the oldest and largest communication networks in Nigeria, with millions of subscribers all around the state. Their network service is top-notch, along with excellent customer service for users.
You can send airtime to friends and family as you see fit using this Glo airtime transfer option. It should be noted, however, that any recharging bonus airtime cannot be transferred. This means that you can only transfer the amount of airtime you recharged directly with *123*pin#. The rest are bonuses that cannot be transferred to another user.
How to transfer airtime on Glo to Glo line
The process of airtime transfer between Glo customers is very easy and are three in total. They include:
Using the USSD Code
Possibly the simplest and most convenient method to apply. Essentially, it should be your preferred option, with the other two acting as backups in case it fails. Here are the steps for transferring airtime on Glo via USSD:
- Insert your Glo sim on your device
- Dial *131# and wait for the prompt. If successful, Glo would request that you input the recipient’s phone number as well as the amount you intend to transfer and your pin too.
- If you would rather dial everything at a go, simply use the code: *131*recipients number*amount* pin#
However, before you transfer, you would have to change your default pin (00000) to whatever you want. Basically, you can do this by dialing *132*00000*new pin*new pin#.
On completing the steps above without network interruption, your account would be debited while the transfer recipient’s account debited
Dialing Glo customer care
Dialing Glo customer service is for those who prefer a more vocal solution to this problem. It is essentially as simple as dialing their customer service number, and here is how to do so:
- Dial their official customer care number; 121.
- After dialing, you have to wait for some minutes and request to speak to an agent.
- Explain your request to the agent and he or she would request for the number you intend to transfer airtime to. Within a minute or two, your airtime balance would be debited while the recipients’ balance credited.
Sending a mail to Glo customer care
If you prefer the mail option, you can transfer airtime by sending a message to Glo customer care mail. Basically, you must do the following:
Simply say you want to transfer airtime from your Glo line to another number. To make things easier, put “I want to transfer airtime from my balance to another Glo number” as the subject of your email. Also, doing so ensures that your email does not end up in their spam folder.
“Hello, I write to request your assistance in transferring *the amount of airtime you want to transfer* to *the recipient’s number* from my Glo airtime balance with phone number 0805XXXXXXXX.” Please, it is extremely crucial.