Nigerian Army Ranks and Monthly salaries have been obtained by Truetells Nigeria.
You will discover the salaries of the Nigerian army after reading this article.
However, the Nigerian army earns a little amount of money every month mostly for undergraduate applicants.
This is due to the fact that they have no professional skills.
In fact, the undergraduate recruiters are the ones that fight for the crisis of the country especially the Boko Haram insurgency.
If you are planning to join the Nigerian Army one day.
It will be better you know what you will be paid or what your relative in the army are earning per month.
However, the Nigerian army is paid according to their ranks in the military.
For instance, a Sergeant earns N68,000 a month while major earns N300,000 every month.
You might be thinking that they earn more than this every month base on the belief of many people.
However, these are the people that risk they live for the security of the nation.
Below is the official current breakdown of Nigerian Army Ranks and Monthly Salaries.
Nigerian Army salaries per month
Here is the current full list of the Nigerian Army Ranks plus their monthly earnings.
- Private Soldier monthly pay is N49, 000
- Lance Corporal monthly pay is N55, 000
- Corporal monthly pay is N58, 000
- Sergeant monthly pay is N63, 000
- Staff Sergeant monthly pay is N68, 000
- Warrant Officer monthly pay is N80, 000
- Master Warrant Officer monthly pay is N90, 000
- Second Lieutenant monthly salary is N120,000
- Lieutenant earns N180,000 monthly
- Captain monthly salary is N220,000
- Major monthly pay is N300,000
- Lieutenant Colonel monthly pay is N350,000
- Colonel monthly pay is N550,000
- Brigadier General monthly pay is N750,000
- Major General monthly pay is N950,000
- Lieutenant General is paid N1,000,000 monthly
- General earns N1,500,000 monthly
|1||Field Marshal||Yet to be attained|
|1||Warrant Officer Class 1||N90,000|
|2||Warrant Officer Class 2||N80,000|
|6||Lance – corporal||N55,000|
Formation of the Nigerian Army (NA)
Below is the formation of the Nigerian army under the present Chief of Army staff, Lt. Gen. Yusuf Buratai:
1st Division, headquartered in Kaduna
2nd Division (HQ Ibadan)
3rd Armoured Division HQ is Jos
81st Division (Amphibious) HQ in Lagos
82nd Division (Airborne and Amphibious) HQ in Enugu
7th Infantry Division (JTF-RO) HQ in Maiduguri
6 Division HQ Port Harcourt
8 Division HQ Sokoto
TRADOC (Training and Doctrine Command) HQ Minna.
Note, the above breakdown is the new Nigerian army salary per month after the minimum wage increase to N30,000.
The New monthly salary of the officers and soldiers in the Nigerian Army
Traditionally, Nigerian soldier is paid according to his or her rank. The highest paid rank in the military system is the General with a monthly salary of N1.5 million while a private soldier which is the least rank earns a salary of about N49,000 per month.
For University graduates, you are being paid N150,000 per month with the rank of second lieutenant which is the graduate entry-level position after the 6 months compulsory training.