As far as phones are concerned, camera quality is one of the important features for a user when it comes to selecting a new smartphone. Everyone wants to be able to have a very clear image depicting that amazing lifetime experience they have had. In recent times, Smartphone companies are launching their phones with dual and triple rear cameras. There has been a lot of development in the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence in a few years. Thanks to this, the Triple Camera in the Smartphone is now capable of taking professional photographs. The Tri-camera in the rear can give a very clear photo in low light. Also, by taking the desired details with Wide Angle and Zoom, it is helpful to take a lot to take clear snaps.
In addition to this, Triple rear cameras are very useful for highlighting objects or faces as compared to the background. For example, the Night mode in Huawei P20 Pro enables you to take photos for six seconds of exposure time and the wide angle mode on the TECNO Camon 12 pro enables you to take images with a very wide coverage angle. In summary, these dual, triple camera gives the user the facility to click beautiful pictures.
Now lets us elaborate some basics supposing a phone has a specification of rear camera as : 32MP f1.7 aperture (Main)+8MP(Ultra wide)+5MP f2.2(Live Focus) and see how these three camera affects photography.
What is aperture?
Aperture is a hole in the lens through which light enter into the camera. If aperture size is large then incoming light is more compare to the one whose aperture is small. Aperture size is measured in terms of ‘f number’ or ‘f stop’.
All of us have seen the specification of camera given above as an example, there is a no. written like f1.7 that is the aperture value of the lens. ‘F’ is always written before the no.
Depth of Field (Dof)
Depth of field is a distance between nearest and farthest objects in the image. That is the distance between foreground parts of image to the background parts of image. Dof can either be large or shallow.
The lens with small aperture size has large depth of field. in this case we will get a whole image in focus. There is no background blurring effect.(Main Camera)
The lens with large aperture has shallow depth of field because that lens mainly focus on the area that we want in image and background part got blurred. One benefit of large aperture size is that in night we get a clearer picture because in night light entering in the camera is more. (Live focus)
Wide Angle Lens:
Today all camera phones are coming with ultra wide angle (up to 1200 ) lens. How this ultra wide feature of lens is achieved? The answer is focal length. The lens with smaller focal length provide wide angle pictures. This type of lens allows more of the scene to be included in the photograph, which is useful in architectural, interior and landscape photography where the photographer may not be able to move farther from the scene to photograph it.
Other benefits of Triple cameras include:
1) Higher Resolution Image: If you have a higher resolution camera then it will give you a very good image which will be worth printing. You can also use this photo of Professional Quality for zooming and cropping. Despite much zoom and distance, you will get many details in your images.
2) Better low light Image: In this Tri-camera system, an additional camera improves the condition of the light in the photo. A high-speed monochrome sensor with better light sensitivity is capable of providing a good snap in very low light or at night too.
3) Multi-Aperture for accurate and clear image: Just like high-resolution and low-light sensitivity is necessary, a switchable aperture is also beneficial in the camera. Aperture is an important factor that determines how much light the sensor has to reach. Here, more light means to give a bright picture in the dark, that too with low noise. Telephoto or wide-angle lenses are also using this technique.
4) Zoom further to capture more details: In the triple camera system, the additional camera is able to zoom more. For example, the camera of HUAWEI P20 Pro offers a 3x zoom. That higher zoom means getting very good details even with distant captures.
5) More Stabilized Image: If you want HDR images with more exposure, and without the risk of getting a blurred image, then a dedicated monochrome sensor is the best option for you. The triple camera helps to make your image more stable.
6) Better Portrait with Bokeh and Depth detection: With soft-bokeh and background blur effects, you succeed in getting good portraits. Although it is possible to do both with the dual camera, a dedicated third camera can provide better results by providing more depth to your images.
7) Wide-angled Snaps: Wide-angle images have been one of the favorite options for most of us. In such images, a wider view can be captured in the same frame. Often with zoom, you can’t fully capture your desired large view. Here, the same wide-angle feature can help you a lot to capture a wider snap.
It is to also note that to get a beautiful picture, some other function also matters like distance of camera from the subject and other settings. Here only the basics that smartphones companies have specified in their camera were discussed.