The Lagos State House of Assembly has been thrown into mourning, following the death of a lawmaker, Sobur Olayiwola Olawale popularly known as Omititi.
This publication earlier reported that Olawale slumped and died in Jos after the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign flag-off.
In this article, Truetells Nigeria highlights ten things you should know about the lawmaker.
1. Olawale represented Mushin constituency II at the Lagos State House of Assembly.
2. He also served during the 8th legislative Assembly year 2015 – 2019.
3. Omititi was born on March 12, 1964.
4. The Lawmaker is married with three children.
5. He is a graduate of Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos.
6. The APC chieftain was a builder and property developer.
7. He was appointed as Special Assistant to Ex-Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu On Transportation.
8. Last week Friday, during a novelty football match to celebrate the 50th birthday of the Speaker of the House, Mudashiru Obasa, the late lawmaker played in the match as the goalkeeper.
9. Omititi is a Muslim
10. He was previously elected as General Secretary, Ward G2 (Now B) Papa Ajao
PDP Loses Former Chairman, Ndidi Okereke
Meanwhile, former Abia State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Ndidi Okereke, is dead.
According to a statement by the Vice Chairman of the party, Abia North cum Acting Publicity Secretary, Elder Abraham Amah, the PDP chieftain died suddenly early Monday morning.
Chief Okereke who hailed from Isuochi in Umunneochi Local Government Area, was the former Board Chairman, Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Umuahia.
PDP said the late Okereke who it described as a big asset, would be greatly missed.