10 Things To Know About New World’s Largest Single-Train Dangote Oil Refinery can be accessed below.
Truetells Nigeria reports that the commissioning of the 650,000 bpd Dangote Refinery, the world’s largest single-train refinery, is holding today with several dignitaries in attendance.
Here 10 Things To Know About New World’s Largest Single-Train Dangote Oil Refinery:
1. The Dangote Petroleum Refinery is located in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, covering a land area of approximately 2,635 hectares (seven times the size of Victoria Island.)
2. World’s Largest Single-Train 650,000 barrels per day Petroleum Refinery.
3. Dangote Petroleum Refinery can meet 100% of the Nigerian requirement of all refined products (Gasoline, 53 million litres per day; Diesel, 34 million litres per day; Kerosene, 10 million litres per day and Aviation, 2 million litres per day) and also have surplus of each of these products for export.
4. The refinery design complies to World Bank, US EPA, European emission norms and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) emission/effluent norms.
5. The 435 MW Power Plant in the Refinery alone will be able to meet the total power requirement of Ibadan DisCo of 860,316 MWh covering five States including Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Kwara and Ekiti.
6. State- of- the- art technology.
7. Temporary housing units on the premises can house about 40,000 persons.
8. Training of 900 young engineers in refinery operations outside the country. Another six Mechanical Engineers trained in the GE University in Italy. 50 Process engineers trained by Honeywell/UOP for six months; 50 Management Trainees; secondment for succession
9. The Dangote Refinery Plant is a legacy project that will see Nigeria netting 21 billion dollars per annum.
10. Designed to process a large variety of crudes including many of the African Crudes, some of the Middle Eastern Crudes and the US Light Tight Oil.
Inside World’s Largest Single-Train Dangote Oil Refinery